you can hear the ice tinkle...
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 sprigs rosemary
- 1 cup lemon juice - fresh squeezed
- 7 cups watermelon - cut into a 1" dice - approx half a medium watermelon
- 8 ounces vodka
- 1 lemon - thinly sliced
- Place sugar and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan, add rosemary sprigs. Cook over medium heat stirring until the sugar dissolves. Once dissolved remove from heat, cover saucepan and let sit for at least an hour to infuse.
- In a blender combine the lemon juice with cubed watermelon. Add the watermelon in batches, blending in between each addition.
- Add in the rosemary simple syrup 1/4 cup at a time until the mixture is at your desired sweetness. I use about a cup.
- Pour the mixture into a large pitcher and add 1 cup of cold water, the vodka and fill with the watermelon mixture. Stir to combine. Serve in jars garnished with a lemon slice and half of a rosemary sprig...